Friday 12 October 2012

Animal studies :)

I love painting and drawing animals, especially horses (which was all I drew when I was younger) and birds. I've got so much better at it recently which is good :) These are some from my sketchbooks, done in a variety of materials.

A study of a horse statue in a museum, in pencils.

An African Civet, in pencils

Pen study of a leopard

Quick, 3 minute sketch of a tiger in pen

Swan head in acrylics

Horse head in pencil

Parrot study in watercolours

Eagle study in watercolours

Study of 'Whistlejacket' by George Stubbs, in acrylic. From an image, unfinished.

Pencil study from the original painting

Anatomy of the horse in fine-liner

Horse study in pencil

Snake head in watercolours

A study of a scene from the film 'Warhorse' in pencil.

This is one of my favourite paintings I've done, however its still unfinished! This is done in acrylics.

A lion's eye, in acrylics

A gecko eye, in watercolours and fine-liner

A study of part of a painting by Picasso, in ink.

Horse's head study in watercolours

Painterly, impressionist-style study of a horse in acrylics.


Goldfinch study in watercolours.

Unfinished hummingbird study in acrylics.

Cat head study in pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment